Lots of people wonder what it is that I do? Well, there are many sides to me and many groups and organizations that I’m a part of or support. How I became involved with the local Hip Hop Scene? This wonderful organization: Hip Hop Congress.
I can sit here and tell you all about this 501 (c) 3 Non-Profit International Organization. I can ramble on and give examples of our elements: Education, Community Development, Entrepreneurship, Political Activism and Social Activism. BUT you can read all about that and learn more on the official website: http://www.HIPHOPCONGRESS.com
This weekend, board members from the Sacramento Chapter and Auburn Chapter got together to come up with a mission and vision statement specific to our chapters. And here is what transpired:
We would love for you to be a part of this movement and collaborative effort. We have so much to do and you can help/participate:
- Hip Hop Awareness Festival
- Monthly Open Mic
- Hip Hop Congress Recruitment Event
- Art Showcases/Live Art Events
- Women in Hip Hop
- Hip Hop for the Homeless
- Youth Element Battle
- Hip Hop Congress National Conference 2010 (Detroit, MI)
- Hip Hop Appreciation BBQ
- Hip Hop Shows/Benefits/Fundraisers
- Workshops on Artist Management, Community Organizin, Event Planning, Business Development etc.
- After School Workshops for Middle School Children
- Beginning workshops on all elements
- Other Community Service/Internship Opportunities
A recruitment event is coming up soon. Stay tuned…
Send questions and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or just ask me!